Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

My mom makes the best Italian Beef Sandwiches! I had my own recipe but once I tried hers, there was no way I was going back to mine. Her recipe is super simple and it has the best italian flavoring....just like an italian beef should! The key is to let the beef cook in the slow cooker all day and DON"T open that lid til it's time to shred it. Your beef will be so tender it will fall to pieces...just what you want it to do. Slap it on some crusty french bread with mozzarella and you have yourself a yummy gooey sandwich that's a crowd pleaser!

Italian Beef Sandwiches
Darlene Springer

1 chuck roast
1 t accents (it's in the seasoning aisle)
1 t oregano
1 t dry mix italian seasoning dressing
2 cans beef broth

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot and mix. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Shred meat and return to juice. Serve on french bread or crusty rolls, with mozzarella and a cup of the juice on the side for dipping. Eat and enjoy!

PS...My big ultrasound is scheduled for a week from this Friday, February 20th. We are so excited to find out if we are having a boy or a girl! Go ahead and cast your vote on my side panel. Pink if you think it's a little girl and blue if you think it's a little boy!

3 comments:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Yummy!! I look forward to your Tasty Tuesday.I have been looking for the perfect sandwich will sure give this a try.It will probably be a boy. They are so much fun!But just in case I am wrong I have been looking at PINK!!

Brandy J. said...

I made the crock pot chicken tacos this past week and they were really good. Oh, how I love my crock pot!!

Rob and Tammy said...

I voted for a cute little girl that we can put in ruffles and bows in her hair and that will want to play with the girls instead of sit with Dad and play video wrestling!!!! I LOVE my little Dawson. Happy heart day.