Monday, February 9, 2009

The Big Chop

Two weeks from yesterday, we were at Christopher's parents house for his Dad's Birthday. For almost four years now I have been growing out my hair; wanting it to be long enough to donate to Locks of Love (it's always been one of those things I've wanted to do.) Well it finally was so I decided it was time to chop my hair off. My hair was the longest I had ever had it in my life but I was totally ready to cut it off. Christopher's mom whipped out her scissors (she cuts hair professionally), I put my hair in a ponytail, and with a few big cuts I was free! I was getting sick of it touching my neck and always being in my way so it really did feel like I was free. His mom cut my hair into a cute a-line bob with layers stacked in back and I am loving it! My hair was sent off in the mail and has been donated to help kids in need of wigs- yay! Here are some pictures from the event:







9 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Cute! I donated my hair last year to Locks of Love too. I am thinking of growing it out again because it really was fun. The new 'do' looks adorable!

Brandy J. said...

Your new do is very cute! Dang it...I just realized I never gave you my sugar cookie recipe. I'll call you tonight. Sorry about that!

Los Smith said...

wow! you are one courageous woman! good for you! and a Great cause! The hair cut is really cute on you by the way :)

The Incredible Bulks said...

That's really nice of you! I'm trying to grow mine out right now, but I'm really tempted to just cut it cause it's buggin! Your hair looks really cute on you!

Carrie said...

I love it! Of course your hair looks good with any style, you're one of "those" girls that can get away with anything and start a trend. I would love to do locks of love someday too.

Cass and Jared said...

I love the new hair cut- You'll be saving a lot of shampoo and conditioner now...It always feels weird to wash your short hair after it's been long for so long, don't you think?

Laurel Joy said...

Way to go Sarah! <3 <3 <3

The Tucketts said...

I love the new cut! It's very cute! Doesn't your head feel much lighter now? And so much easier to do? And time saving? I'm a fan of short hair! It's great that you donated it to such a great cause too!

the nayz said...

Good for you. Now, that is how I remember you-with short hair. Love it!!