Monday, June 16, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Here is a recipe that I love to eat during summer for this week's Tasty Tuesday entry. I hope you all enjoy it too! It has strawberries, spinach, and almonds in it, making this salad full of antioxidants, folic acid, vitamins A & C, iron, magnesium, calcium, and healthy oils. Making these three nutrient powerhouses. The best thing is it's so yummy too!

Strawberry Spinach Salad I
From: allrecipes.com

2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced onion
10 ounces fresh spinach- rinsed and dried
1 quart strawberries- cleaned and sliced
1/4 cup slivered almonds

In a medium bowl whisk together first eight ingredients, cover, and chill for one hour. In a large bowl combine spinach, strawberries, and almonds. Add dressing and toss. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes more.

PS....I use the whole bag of spinach I buy at the store, and I usually don't add all the dressing, adding it until it tastes how I like it!!

2 comments:

Brandy J. said...

Your new banner is really cute and I love the title. This salad sounds delish! ~Brandy

Kimmy said...

Oh my gosh, I just made a strawberry spinach salad last night for dinner because it sounded SOOOOO good! I'm going to have to try this recipe, it sounds really yummy. BTW, I love your new look on the blog, you are going to have to show me how to do that!