Friday, June 6, 2008

Discovery Gateway

Last Saturday we took a family trip to downtown Salt Lake to go to the Discovery Gateway at the Gateway Mall. I knew it looked and sounded like a cool place, but I had no idea just how cool it really was and how much fun Dawson would have! You walk in and it's pretty much a kid's imagination your walking into. They had an exhibit with tons of plastic whiffle balls that you could put in tubs, mazes, and holes, they had a water play area, a "construction" zone with soft foam bricks they could stack, a make-believe house, grocery store, farm, and even a life flight helicopter! The first floor was very appropriate for kids about 1 thru 6, then upstairs they had a lot of science type of stuff for older kids. I will definitly be taking Dawson there again, we only could stay a couple of hours but he would of easily been entertained for a few more!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Isn't that a cute place? We took our kiddos when we were visting and it was like we weren't even there. We probably could have grabbed a bite to eat and picked them up later. ha!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

P.S. I think I saw Sherri Fuller today in the neighborhood but wasn't for sure...I didn't have my contacts in...you'll have to ask her.

Holly said...

Whoa sooo much fun. I will have to remember that place when I come to Utah next.

ashley said...

So excited to go there! We have a pass to our local museum which gets us in to over 100 museums across the country, with Discovery Gateway being one of them... totally going there when we're in Utah.

Thanks for the review so I'd know it would be worth it!

Adam and Sarah said...

Oh my awesome! I want to take Amber there now. I'd heard about it before but couldn't decide if I wanted to pay the money to take her cuz I didn't realize how cool it actually was. We are defnitely gonna hvae to take a trip there!