Friday, June 27, 2008

So I Had To Share...

My cute little hubby has never been good with the English language. He is a great nurse, but when it comes to words...not so much! So anyways, this evening I made mention how when we had some extra cash I wanted to replace the blinds in our three bedrooms (we did the front of the house a little while back.) This is how the rest of the conversation went:

Christopher: So you want to get fox wood blinds like the ones here in the front room and kitchen then, right?

Sarah: Wait, what?

Chris: You want to get these fox wood blinds.

Sarah: *Thinking...trying to figure out what he is talking about...CLICK* OH you mean faux wood blinds!! *Laughing*

Chris: Man I hate the English language why would they put an x on the end of it if you don't pronounce it!!!

My poor hubby. He said he was glad he didn't talk to anyone in the store about fox wood blinds because he would of felt like an idiot. Don't worry though hon, your awesome at math and science and nurses aren't suppose to be English majors! Love Ya!

4 comments:

Brandy J. said...

Hey Chris, "faux" is actually a French word so just go ahead and blame the confusion on them! :) I agree...a silent "x", what were they thinking? ~Brandy

Carrie said...

I love conversations between spouses behind closed doors! That one is classic!

Adam and Sarah said...

hehehe! Gotta love my cousin, right?! That's hilarious!

Carrie said...

You know Chris, I've had my share of English Fox Paws (faux pas) too. It's good to know I'm not the only one.

-Joel