Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

So I was watching an episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8 (love the show, you should check it out) and Kate was making something she called Chicken Cheesesteaks. The food she makes always looks yummy, and it always has veggies and is healthy so I had to try this one. After searching the internet, I couldn't find anything that matched it, so I came up with my own little recipe for it off of what hers looked like. So one night I whipped it up and it turned out to be really yummy! Both Chris and my sister Missy said it was a keeper, so I decided to share it all with you....enjoy.

Chicken Cheesesteaks
By Sarah Selin (inspired by Kate Gosselin...I feel like I should put that since I saw her make it first!!!)

2 medium chicken breasts, sliced thin
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
5-6 slices provolone cheese
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 loaf french bread

Cut off the very top of the french bread, hollow out, and place on a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a skillet, pour olive oil and minced garlic. Cook until softened. Add chicken, saute until chicken is cooked through. Add peppers and onions and cook 3-4 minutes, until softened. Pour chicken mixture into hollowed out bread. Top with tomato sauce and slices of provolone cheese. Leave the top of the bread off, next to the loaf. Bake 5-7 minutes, until crispy and cheese is melted. Place top back on and slice and serve. YUM!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Aren't those kids adorable on that show? Loud but oh so adorable.

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That does sound good. I need to experiment with my cooking more often. And I love John and Kate plus eight. She is so funny, I wish I could be friends with her.

Brandy J. said...

This sounds really good...and your new blog background is super cute!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I love the show it is fun to watch them take care of all those children. Thanks for the recipe I sure will give it a try I am tired of the same things all of the time.

Kimmy said...

that sounds so good! We love that show..and cheesesteaks...way to combine two of our favorite things!!!