Friday, January 16, 2009

Shhhhh....

Dawson has a secret...











He is going to be a big brother in July! I am about 15 weeks along (I've had a couple ultrasounds and they due date has varied a bit so for now we will say about) and things have gone pretty good. It's so true that each pregnancy is different! Everything was peaches and cream with Dawson...no worries, no stress; while this time around we had a couple of little complications that are ok now. I have not been very nauseous with this one, I was more with Dawson, and I have definitly felt the aches and stretching a lot more this time around! Overall though, things have been good and my cute hubby has been good enough to meet most my cravings (I went on a 3 day hamburger craze!) Dawson and baby will be a little over 2 1/2 years or a little short of 3 years apart. If you ask him where the baby is he will tell you, but I don't think he really gets it yet or is phased by it. In fact, one day he started pointing to the baby and calling it a monster and laughing at his funny "joke." I think we may try potting training (he has gone on the potty quite a few times already, but we will see) in a few weeks, and then when we find out the gender in the next 5 weeks or so we will start making room arrangements and getting Dawson a big boy bed. We are all so excited and can't wait for July and all the changes to come!

21 comments:

Kimmy said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Let me know if you ever have a cafe rio craving, I will happily go with you. Good luck with the potty training.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Cute, cute shirt, by the way! Dawson will be an awesome big brother, I'm sure! Good luck!

The Tucketts said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news! I bet Dawson is excited to have a little playmate! I hope you keep feeling well, minus the aches!

Shook Family said...

Congratulations that is so exciting! Oh and just a little tip get everything done before the baby comes. Like the big boy bed and potty training! Cause it won't happen when the baby gets here!

The Bell Family said...

Hey Sarah - I found your blog through facebook - its so cute! Congratulations on the new baby! I'm also going to start potty training Jace - so we can go through all the fun together! :)

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

We are so happy to hear about your new baby!! You and Chris are such good parents this is a lucky baby. Two new hamburger places have opened in West Valley Chadders and Five Guys and a Burger.This may help with you hamburger craving.I have only tried Chadders it is a knock off on In N Out,but not as good.

the nayz said...

Congrats to you!! I am so excited for you. My kids are that close in age as well. Definitely, try getting the potty training done before the baby. Everything changes once baby #2 comes.

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Congrats!

Adam and Sarah said...

I still can't get over how close again in due dates we are! Apparently we're on the same baby schedule haha! I'm excited for you guys -- and excited to find out what we're both having. Let me know if you get any good tips for potty training. We just moved Amber to a toddler bed, so once she's past the newness of that, I wanna start potty training (in a month or so??). Good luck!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! I hope you have 10 more of them! :) Keep me posted on how you're feeling and if you need anything!

ashley said...

Congrats! Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

Camilla said...

I already said this on your facebook, but congrats! Hope you're feeling well!

Anonymous said...

Grandma says hi to big bro Dawson; so handsome and smart. A Good secret keeper...

Brandy J. said...

Congrats! Dave and I hope everything goes smoothly with your pregnancy from here on out.

Mary and Adam said...

Hooray! Congrats!!!!

Ms. Maxwell said...

And you kept this little secret the entire night of our card group...! Wow, congratulations! Now I know why you wanted to leave a bit earlier than the rest of the group -- for a minute I thought it was me! :-)

The Thurstons said...

Wahoo!!! How exciting! You Selin's make cute babies...So excited another one is on it's way! Congrats!!!

Sarah Jane said...

Sarah that is so awesome! Congrats, I am really excited for you. I have to tell you that I had a period there when I was pregnant with Izzie and all I wanted was McDonald's cheeseburgers! So that is hilarious. Good luck!

Nicole said...

Ahh! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tara Lynn said...

That's great! Now, if you could pass on some of that baby making medicine my way... ;)
I hope all goes wonderful (well, it is a pregnancy, but hey, you never know) for you!

KaLee said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm so happy!