Thursday, January 22, 2009

Potty Training and All the Joys!



On Monday we started the glorious act of potty training. This has been something I have been fearful of, something I didn't think I would even try until Dawson was a lot closer to 3! BUT he started showing signs and willingly going on the potty when we put him on beginning of December. I decided after the holidays and traveling that I would give it a real go, and that has started this week. So far, I think ok. I have nothing to compare it to and feel like I am going into this kind of blinded because I have never done this before....I guess you could say I am training for potty training too. He will go about every hour or so, and if he is playing and starts to pee a little he will stop, look at me, then when I tell him to hurry and sit on the potty he will. So peeing on the potty has been going ok, and as far as doing other business on it, that hasn't taken yet. So here is my questions for all you wonderful mothers out there who have gone through this already. 1. What approaches/techniques did you take? 2. How long before they really got it with out accidents? 3. What did you do when you started taking them out in public? 4. Just let me know ANYTHING you found useful when you did this!!! I would really appreciate your comments! Thank you everyone too for your congrats with the new baby. I have a doctors appointment in a couple weeks and at that appointment will set up the appointment for the big ultrasound and soon will find out if it's a boy or girl! I will keep you all posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we just skipped all the "proper" approaches and went straight to bribery! Candy, stickers, etc. So, I've got nothin! Good Luck!

Carrie said...

You so do not want tips from me on this. This stage blows. :) Literally.

Sweet Pea and James said...

m&m's were the clincher with Abby. Brynn, on the other hand, will probably always wear diapers just to spite me. =) (How big do diapers come, anyway?!) Good luck, Sarah...I'll be looking for tips from you!