Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas & Catch Up!

So we have been out of town since Christmas, and just got back a couple of days ago so I need to do some serious catch up on my blog! Tasty Tuesday will be post-poned as I play catch up with everything that has been going on over the holidays and what not.

We left Christmas day to visit my family in Illinois. We awoke to a blizzard, opened presents, and headed out wondering how the heck we were gonna make it out of Salt Lake. Well as we got closer and closer to the airport, it let up and completely cleared up. It was not snowing at all around the airport and we took off in time and made it to IL just in time to eat dinner with my family and open gifts that evening. We found out the airport shut down later that day, so that was our Christmas miracle! We got totally spoiled by my parents and Santa and had a great holiday. While in IL we went downtown Chicago and went to the Winter WonderFest at Navy Pier then ate at Bubba Gumps for dinner, all a treat by my parents (thanks again!) We played a lot of games, hung out, and Dawson was spoiled rotten and learned quickly to ask anyone BUT Mom or Dad for cookies or candy because it would be given to him, one for each hand! We had a fun trip, and I will post New Years in a couple days, but for now here are some pictures of our festivities.

Christmas morn at our house before we left:


Christmas evening at my parents:


WinterWonder Fest and Bubba Gump's in Chicago:





Random Pictures:


3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you guys made it back and so safely and so complete with pictures. :)

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I miss Chicago! I don't really have anyone to go visit so I haven't been back for 4 years... But atleast I can live vicariously through you. Looks like Christmas was wonderful

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

A great time in the Windy City!! My brother lives there and we love to visit.I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Welcome home!!