Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week in Review

We have had a busy last week, which has prevented me from blogging lately. Which is why I figured I would do a little review of our past week.

1. Dawson- At the beginning of this summer I put him in the reading program at the library (as a read to me child) and he got his final prize and book for completing it this past week! It was bug themed (Catch the Reading Bug!) and so each month they got a little prize, which was mainly plastic bugs and then when you filled in all your bugs on your door hanger you got a book in the end. Dawson loves going to the library weekly and seeing the chinchilla and playing with the toys and books there. I am so excited for Storytime to start Sept. 17th! On a side note, Dawson loves to do what I do when I get ready in the morning (brush his hair, put on chapstick, and now of lately...put on earrings!!!)
2. Ward Camp Out- We went to the ward camp out last Friday night and had a lot of fun sitting by the fire, eating s'mores, playing games, and hanging out with all of our friends. Dawson loved being outside and playing with sticks and rocks and dirt. He fell asleep in our arms around the campfire and when he woke up the next morning and found us all (including Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Jen) in a tent he thought that was so funny and started jumping on all of us. His most favorite part of it all? The hammock that Dad brought!!!
3. BYU Game- After the ward camp out we headed home quick to unpack, shower, and let Dawson nap before Chris' Dad came and picked the three of us up to go to the BYU game (it helped so much that he drove so we didn't have to waste gas going back and forth.) Dawson loved watching the football players and would shout "Go, Go!" whenever Chris did. He would also raise his hands in the air and say "Touchdown" when Christopher told him they scored. He loved when everyone would stand up and sing the fight song after they scored and would request "Again, again!!" when it was over. I enjoyed the second half much more when the sun was covered and it wasn't so stinkin' hot!
4. Play Date- Dawson's friend Addy came over today to play and they had a lot of fun! Summer came to hang with me and we talked as the kids played away. They have a lot of fun together and play so well. Dawson for some reason wants to play with whatever toy Addy is playing with so we are working on sharing right now. For some reason too, this time they would bear hug each other then fall over and roll around as if they were wrestling each other! They weren't being mean, but usually who ever was on the bottom of it was not too happy! Good thing they are 2 and not 13 otherwise we would have a problem!! PS The picture is an older one, I didn't have one from today.
It was one fun but busy week and weekend. As much much as it was, I look forward to a weekend at home this weekend with no traveling involved!

13 comments:

The Tucketts said...

Busy week, so much for me to comment on! Dawson is so cute! I love the earrings. I'm glad you had fun at the camp out and the game (even though it's BYU, we're out numbered in this ward)! And Addie and Dawson are so cute. Isn't sharing fun?

LBP said...

Sad I missed the ward campout... You will have to fill me in on all the festivities.

Shook Family said...

Dawson is so cute. I just love that he is small like landon. We don't have season tickets to the game. My friend Brooke is married to Austin Collie so she gets us tickets every once in a while. We were on the East side about the 20 yard line in the south endzone area. (hope that makes sense.) Do you guys have season tickets...?where are yours? We will have to let Landon and Dawson play together someday.

Carrie said...

Love the display of Dawson and the books, looks like I could purchase him for a very good price. j/k. The earrings are a nice touch. ha ha!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

You sure were busy!

Mary and Adam said...

Cute pictures!!!

Brandy J. said...

It sounds like you were super busy! Everything looks like fun...except for the camping part! :)

KaLee said...

I'm so jealous you were at the BYU game!!! I watched it later because I was sitting on a California beach all day...but I'm still jealous of you! The last 9 minutes were cut off, but I'm still glad I got to see some of it, and that my roomate's grandfather is obsessed with BYU football and had the network to record it off of.

Laurel Joy said...

That picture of Dawson in the hammock is ADORABLE. I miss you three!

Shook Family said...

Hey you need to tell me about that reading thing you have dawson in. I would love to do it with landon.

Shook Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason and Bri said...

wow, busy week, but I guess that's how it goes with kids. You guys should have stopped by when you went to the BYU game, next call us. We live like 5 mints from the stadium. But it sounds like a really fine week.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

How about that game on Sat.it was sure a good one . It was so cute to see the picture of you all dressed up for the game. It is so good to learn more about our friends in our ward family.Thanks for your great blog.