Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

As fall is slowly creeping up on us, I am bringing out more and more of my fall/winter recipes like soups, casseroles, and yummy things in the crockpot. Since it's not so hot out I also bake more and love filling my house with the smell of something freshly baked. I found this recipe last year and fell in love with it because well, it's 2 ingredients. Yep! 2! They are called Pumpkin Spice Muffins and they are actually low in fat because you use a can of pumpkin in place of oil and eggs. Pumpkin is also really good for you, scoring high in antioxidants (anti-cancer properties) , iron, zinc, and fiber. So tomorrow morning, whip up a batch of these yummy muffins and enjoy with a tall glass of milk (my favorite way to eat them!)

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

1 package spice cake mix (dry)
1 (small) can pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, mix cake mix and pumpkin until moist (may still have lumps but that's ok, don't over mix!) Spray or line muffin pan. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full (batter is sticky and will look lumpy on top!) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done (toothpick comes out clean!)

4 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Now that is my kind of recipe! Plus I love pumpkin things too.

ashley said...

mmm... I definitely need to stock up on cans of pumpkin next time I'm at the store. So easy, sounds good.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

This are great, Karolynn came down and I need a treat.Only I am bad I always put chocolate chips in mine OH they are good!!

RSFuller said...

That sounds so good--and since my girls love muffins for breakfast, I already know it'll be a favorite!