Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tasty Tuesday (one day late!)

About a year or two ago, I decided to try making some freezer jam. Making homemade jam, bread, canning, etc. has always intimidated me but I figured I would give it a whirl. Turns out, freezer jam is a piece of cake!!! No pressure cooker or anything fancy, just make it and freeze it! I recently just made a few batches of jam using my friend Tammy's peaches from her tree and here is my favorite recipe!

Peach Cinnamon Jam
By: Sarah Selin

12 peaches, peeled and crushed smooth
1/2 t cinnamon
1 T lemon juice
1 1.59 oz package freezer jam fruit pectin
1 1/2 c sugar

In a large bowl, combine sugar and pectin, mix. Peel and crush peaches until smooth texture (I like bits of fruit in my jam, so I leave it a little chunky.) Add peaches, cinnamon, and lemon juice to sugar/pectin mixture and stir for 3 minutes. Ladle into jars, leave 1/4 inch space at top. Cover with lids, and let sit for 30 minutes. Stores in your fridge for 3 weeks or freezer for 1 year.

PS Now maybe one day I will tackle bread to go with my jam...

6 comments:

Brandy J. said...

This jam is AMAZING! I told everyone at work about it and had to pass the recipe along to them because of how yummy it sounded! ~Brandy

The Tucketts said...

Thanks for Tasty Tuesday! I made your broccoli salad on Sunday for a gathering and it was delicious. I should be a better homemaker like you!

Anonymous said...

That sounds SO GOOD! I am going to need to come over and have some! It's making me hungry while I'm sitting here at my desk...which is not a good thing!

Jason and Bri said...

hey yeah for sure call us and come by, we would love it!! you can meet Bridger!! You can tell Chris and his dad if they want to stop or park in our drive way they are more than welcome, we live right on university ave so its a easy walk. And we would love to see them too.

Adam and Sarah said...

Oh yummy! That sounds delicious! I'm gonna have to try my hand at freezer jam!

Adam and Sarah said...

i told a friend about this recipe and she had a question for you. can you make this recipe to NOT be a frozen jam? you know, using the pressure cooker and all that to make the lids seal? do you know if you'd have to do anything different aside from using the pressure cooker??