Friday, June 17, 2011

Baby Chicks

We had two baby chicks for a month in March. I was not thrilled, and stressed out til the day we got rid of them. Dawson and Chris will never be allowed in Cal Ranch again during chick season due to them wanting to try something for fun. I told Chris he needed to find a home for them day 2 of having them, so I knew there would be an out when they got too big. Chris said it would be fun for Easter to have chicks, then called Wheeler Farm to see if when they got bigger they would take them. Wheeler Farm says they don't but get a lot of calls this time of year because people get chicks for fun for Easter...yep we were those victims. Luckily he found some bird farm/saver/taker place for them. That de-stressed me a bit knowing I could send them on there way when I couldnt take it anymore. If it was Chris' way we would of tried the egg thing for funsies, but they lasted about 4 weeks before they got ugly and I couldn't take them. The end.

0 comments: