Saturday, May 2, 2009

An Update on the Babe


Yesterday I had my regular OB checkup, and everything is looking great with our little girl! As of today I am 30 weeks, which means only 10 more weeks to go! I go back in 3 weeks, then I start my every 2 week appointments, then weekly. She is going to be here before I know it. I cannot believe how fast it has gone (I think it's because I have Dawson to chase around daily) and I am so glad we have her room done and our spring cleaning finished so we can relax and enjoy the tail end of it.
It's amazing to me how different 2 pregnancies can be! With Dawson, everything was smooth sailing pretty much. Towards the end of my pregnancy with him though my ankles swelled a lot and I also failed my one hour glucose test so I had to go in and take the 3 hour one, which thankfully I passed. I was also nauseous with him pretty much the whole time. With this one, the first half of my pregnancy was stressful due to some spotting that I had and because of that she had some blood in her intestine from swallowing it. They watched it and thankfully it went away so it wasn't a sign of something more serious. I only had a pinch of nausea with her and I have been a lot more active this time around (again because of Dawson) and I have had no swelling so far. Pretty much completely different!
We cannot wait to meet our little pink bundle of joy soon! Like all parents, we just want to have a healthy, strong baby and only the best for her. We are so excited to see Dawson be a big brother and know that he will be so cute with her. It will be so fun to see them interact. Let the countdown begin!

PS If anyone has a new catchy blog name for me, pass it this way! We will no longer be two men and a lady so I need to start thinking of a new blog title.

11 comments:

The Thurstons said...

What a darling name! Ry's sister is naming her baby that (spelled Emersyn...I think). I'm so impressed that your spring cleaning is done...I haven't even felt like it was spring...so the cleaning hasn't happened yet! \"/

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I can't wait to meet little Emerson and dress her and Reece up all cute together! :) Reece is so lucky - a boyfriend and a best friend all from the same family!

The Tucketts said...

Her room is so cute! I love the chandelier :) I hope the last 10 weeks go smoothly for you. Yay for baby girls!

Los Smith said...

what a darling nursery! Emerson is gonna love it! I am glad you are almost there, she will be her before you know it :) Best wishes always!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I love the baby's name and her room is beautiful. What a lucky girl she is!! I just love having a daughter she brings so much joy.

Carrie said...

I love that chandelier. The countdown is on eh? I'm getting anxiety for you cause I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Sarah - The baby's room is so cute! I love it. And Chris was right, I do love the letters! I love the Chandelier too - I wanted to do that in one of my babies rooms....one day! We miss you guys! Take Care!

Adam and Sarah said...

Holy cow, you guys are super prepared! Her room looks dang cute -- I LOVE it! And I love the name, too. Very cute!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Cute room. Love your decorating sense.

Sarah Jane said...

cute room, I can't believe you are 30 weeks already!

Mary and Adam said...

We're so excited for you guys! Very cute nursery as well. I'll have to stalk your blog until the baby is born! lol