Monday, May 4, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

Ok, so I am a day early but I have time right now to sit down and blog and I don't want to forget so I figured better now than late (or even not at all!) To continue with my favorite Mexican food recipes like I said last week, here is the recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salad. This recipe is actually a few recipes I sort of combined to come up with my favorite combination of flavors. I love this side dish with enchiladas, tacos, whatever! It is a cold salad so it is perfect for the summer; it's light, refreshing, and pretty healthy too! Pair it with last weeks enchilada recipe and you have a themed dinner for Cinco de Mayo tomorrow (and one of my favorite meals!) Enjoy!

Black Bean and Corn Salad

1 can black beans (drained and rinsed well)
1 can corn (drained)
6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
Combine all these ingredients in large bowl.

In a small bowl combine:
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t salt
1/8-1/4 t cayenne pepper (depending on how much heat you want!)
Whisk dressing together, then pour over bean mixture. Stir to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to get flavors to combine.

*You can eat it straight up with a fork or with tortilla chips, yum! I have seen recipes with diced tomatoes or avocados in it, so you can alter the recipe to your liking! Next weeks recipe: Mexican Chicken Lasagna!

0 comments: