Monday, March 2, 2009

The Sillies with Dawson



I love the stage Dawson is at right now. I know every parent says that about every stage (well most) but I think from 2 years on their personalities just take off and it is so fun to watch them grow, imagine, and say more and more. Lately I cannot help but be amused all the time with Dawson, because he is saying or doing or imagining such funny little things, so in regards to that, I decided I need to every now and then do a post entitled "The Sillies with Dawson" so I can document and remember all the little things he does. Here is post one of the Sillies!

1. Christopher and I taught Dawson how to "raise the roof" and say "ooo-ooo" as he does it. Yesterday at church after a baby blessing, Dawson shouts Yay! and says "oo-oo" as he raises the roof. Couldn't help but laugh at that one.

2. He uses Christopher's belts, ties, or anything long as a fishing pole and tells me "Mom, I'm fishing, look I did it!!"

3. Everyday at least once, he pretends he is a baby and a dog. When he is a dog I have to pet him and he barks and gives me "loves" like our dog does...aka he licks my hand. If he is a baby he lays in my arms and drinks his juice from his sippy and I have to rock him and coo over him.

4. Everything right now is fast. "Go fast Mom" as I drive, or "I fast" as he runs around the house.

5. Christopher taught him how to shoo away our dog Max if he is bugging Dawson. The next day, Dawson told Christopher to shoo! Now everyone and every pet in the house gets shoo'ed if he wants you to go away.

6. Dawson is the biggest cookie monster. Ten times a day I am asked for cookies. The other day Dawson came up to me and gave me the biggest hug and just held me. He said "Hiii Mom," I said hi back. He said "Looooove you Mom," I said love you back. He said "Coooookies Mom," I said nice try.

7. Once Dawson told me his toy giraffe had to go potty so I said "Ok, put him on the potty." The giraffe did his business and after Dawson said "Candy." I said no, the giraffe went potty, not you. He said "Giraffe gets candy, Mom." I am so sure if I gave him candy the giraffe would of been the one to eat it.

10 comments:

Los Smith said...

I am hoping he "raise the roof" and said ooo-ooo after Maddie's blessing, kids definitely know when there is a reason to celebrate. You've got the cutest boy :)

Camilla said...

That's so cute!!! I am looking forward to the time when Jonathan is like that. :)

Brandy J. said...

Dawson is one cutie for sure! I see he is wearing big boy underwear. How is the potty training coming?

Anonymous said...

He is funny! He's the cutest little guy. Congrats on the Girl! I'm sad I didn't get a phone call....but CONGRATULATIONS!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I can tell you right now after rasing five children that Dawson is very smart!!

Sarah Jane said...

What a cute idea! I may have to copy this one. I love what a big imagination he has!

Cass and Jared said...

What a great way to record the fun things that Dawson does! I'm sure funny things happen each day, so this will be a great place to record those silly moments so you don't forget!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

His raise the roof is hilarious!

And I love the shooing!

He is such a sweetheart!

Adam and Sarah said...

So I had to leave you a comment and tell you that I tried the Crockpot Chicken Dinner recipe you posted. And it was really good. Adam scarfed any and all leftovers down, & I loved how yummy the house smelled all day (although I did NOT love it when I had to go to our Scout Pack Meeting that night & my hair and clothes smelled like onion soup! haha!). And I'm always looking for more corckpot recipes, so thanks for posting it. Keep 'em comin'!

Mary and Adam said...

LOL That whole blog post is hilarious! I think that's what I'm looking forward to the most with kids...the funny things they do!