Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tasty Tuesday (one day late!)

I have gotten lots of comments about how people love the crockpot recipes and to keep them coming, so here is another one. I got this one from my friend Summer and I made it this last Sunday. It was delicious. I served it over the egg noodles, and like Summer said it was like a chicken stroganoff....so so yummy. Dawson even ate it so hey, that means its gotta be good!


ITALIAN CROCKPOT CHICKEN
Summer Andrus

2-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 package cream cheese
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
2-3 cans cream of chicken soup

Cut chicken into pieces - can be as small or big as you like. Put all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 8-10 hours. Serve over rice or egg noodles.
*I threw my chicken in whole and then shredded it into big chunks when it was done cooking so I didn't have to touch the raw chicken a bunch!

5 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Good call on the shredding! That's what I'm going to do next time - I hate touching raw chicken!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I have been making this for years it is a family favorite and so easy to make some times we have it with mashed potatoes.Thanks for sharing all your tasty Tuesday's with us.

Anonymous said...

We make this all the time! So good! I haven't tried it over egg noodles but I think I am going to the next time I make it. I've only had it over rice. We need to get together soon...I need to give you a BIG congratulations hug because it's a girl! YAY!

Adam and Sarah said...

Thanks! I'll be making this one SOON!

Anonymous said...

We are going to do a 'special get together' for all of us sometime at the end of the month or first of next. You'll see why we are waiting soon enough! We are going to be SO BUSY the next couple of weeks. Melinda's bridal shower is tomorrow and her endowments are too. And she get's married next weekend so we will be going down South for that! Whew! So many things going on at once!