Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Got tomatoes in your garden? Maybe some peppers or onions or cilantro? Well make Fresh Tomato Salsa!! I love this recipe, I think it's the perfect blend of flavors and it is so easy to make as well. Don't have a garden? It up a local Farmer's Market. The produce is always really fresh and much cheaper than in the stores!

Fresh Tomato Salsa

3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1-2 jalapenos, finley chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1 t salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 t fresh lime juice

Combine and chill for 1 hour.

3 comments:

Brandy J. said...

Gotta love Tasty Tuesday. Thanks for the recipe, I'll have the get some ingredients whenever we go to the Farmer's Market.

Carrie said...

i wonder how i can just get you to cook all these things for me every week.... :)

the nayz said...

Every year I make fresh salsa from my garden ingredients--love it! We had the chicken sandwiches (from last week)for dinner last night and everyone loved it-even the kids!! Thanks for that recipe. I know it will be a favorite of ours from now on.