Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Here is a yummy summery salad that I have really enjoyed eating this summer. I have to say, it's my new favorite way to eat broccoli (which is healthy)...probably because it has a mayo-sugar-vinegar dressing (not so healthy!!) Enjoy!!!

Broccoli Salad
allrecipes.com

8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 large red onion, chopped (don't need if not a fan)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds

Dressing:
2 c mayo
1/2 c sugar
4 t white wine vinegar

Combine first 5 ingredients. In a smaller bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk. Add dressing to broccoli mixture and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve....yum!! I have also added 1/2-1 cup of craisins to my salad and it adds a little bit of a sweet and salty combo if you like that!

1 comments:

Sergio said...

What a beautiful family! Keep it happy as the Lord say us... We say hi from Campeche...