Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Since summer is finally here this is one of my favorite springtime/summer recipes. It's light and cool and so so tasty! Every time I have served it I have gotten great reviews. I would consider it on the healthier side because there is chicken and a lot of fruit in this salad, and the dressing is pretty light as well. I hope you enjoy! PS I usually only do half and it still makes a big bowl full!


Chicken Cashew Pasta Salad
(I got this one from my friend Brandy)

2 bags 12 oz macaroni (I use bowtie), cooked, cooled and drained
4 chicken breasts, boiled, cooled, and cubed
1 large can of pineapple tidbits, juiced drained and reserved for dressing
2 cups chopped celery
3 cups red grapes, halved
2 large apples, cubed with skins on
2 cans salted cashew halves

Dressing:
1 1/2 cups mayo
3 Tbl. red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
reserved pineapple juice

Mix all salad ingredients together in large bowl. In smaller bowl, mix dressing ingredients together, putting in pineapple juice to desired consistency and taste. Add dressing, toss with salad and add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

I like to served this with rolls and a green salad.

0 comments: