Monday, May 12, 2008

18 Month Milestone

Dawson is 18 months today...which means he is half way to his second birthday...which also means I am wondering where the time has gone! He is such a little person now, no longer a baby. I love this stage though....where he can run up to me and give me a great big hug, let me know if he wants a snack, can run all around, and make me laugh. In honor of it here is a little "survey" all about him!

Likes: His sippy with milk, body slamming and cuddling our cat, making people laugh (if he knows he has you going he keeps on doing whatever is funny), buckles (he will do up the buckle on his high chair and proceed to whine until I undo it so he can do it again), playing outside, helping out Mom and Dad with whatever they are doing, Toy Story, Elmo, playing with his blocks, wagon rides, our neighbor boy Parker who is 6 (he idolizes him I believe), animals, baths, and wrestling with Daddy or Uncle Jeremy.

Dislikes: Getting his diaper changed, getting dressed, when Mom or Dad says no, having to sit still, and when Mom is cooking dinner and not paying attention to him.

Favorite Foods: Strawberries, fruit snacks, vanilla wafers, sweet potatoes, milk, yogurt, cheese, graham crackers, and anything he can dip into ranch dressing.

Vocab: No while shaking his head back and forth, all done, kitty, uh oh, DaDa, Mom, There it is, dog, ball, yeah, go, and sometimes "pease" aka please.

Silly Stuff: He has his little "tricks" he does...I know, I know, he sounds like a dog. But if we ask he will do "cheesy grin" where he gives us a big toothy grin with his eyes squinted up, "professor walk" where he walks around the house with his arms behind his back, "tap dance" where he quickly stomps his feet on the ground, "scare me" where he growls at you, and various other little things like folding his arms for prayers, "washing" his hair, "combing" his hair, he puts his clothes in the laundry basket, raising his arms and saying "tah dah" which means touchdown, and loves to hand you silver wear when you put away dishes.

Mom's Favorites: I love that he can now just come up to me and cuddle with me. I love that he gives hugs and kisses. I love making him laugh and when he makes me laugh. I think it's so neat to see him discover new things and love (and sometimes fear) that he will try new things. I guess in general I just love to see him grow and learn new things everyday and that I get to stay at home and raise him.

Dad's Favorites: Hugs and kisses, wrestling and goofing around with him, seeing him light up when he gets home from work, and having a little helper outside in the yard.


4 comments:

Brandy J. said...

You have quite the performer in Dawson! Happy 18 month b-day and thanks for the Disney treats -- they were very yummy.

ashley said...

3 big cheers for nursery!

Adam and Sarah said...

he is so big! of course, i don't think I've seen him since the family christmas party. the one where both he and amber were newborns and no one was allowed to hold either one of them! hehe!

Anonymous said...

Just remember that kids at 18 months shouldn't be watching any TV for more than 15 minutes at a time.