Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One Year Older and Wiser Too

My little Dawson turned 5! How can it be?? He seriously is growing up too fast and if I think of him in kindergarten next year I get anxiety. Anyways, he had been waiting for his birthday for what seemed like forever and a day so when the day FINALLY came (thank goodness I don't think I would of survived another day of him asking!) he was over the moon excited. We decorated his door Transformers-style since that was the theme this year. He of course loved it and we proceeded to have his favorite breakfast of cinnamon rolls, oranges, bacon, and juice.



He opened his first present of the day...the Batcave from my parents. He has wanted it so bad and to say he was over the moon in an under statement. I'm pretty sure he has played with it every day since!

After we headed to the clubhouse to set up for his Transformer party. The boys all arrived and they first did their Autobot "training" to offically become Autobots to help destroy Megatron (aka obstacle course.) They got cool transformer sunglasses and a temporary tattoo after.



Next was pizza, presents, and then cake! He was spoiled for sure and loved all the gifts! PS I love the picture of his buddy Landon with the frosting smile!




We ended the party with a scavenger hunt to find Megatron. He had the Allspark and it had the goodie bags inside. My awesome hubs made Megatron and the Allspark. The boys got to take down Megatron (aka knock him down and go nuts) and after took turns hitting him down with a bat (again my awesome hubs would re-set him up each time...oh and they all wanted to do it twice so I think he re-set him up like 15 times!) The boys all had fun and Dawson exclaimed "this is the best day ever!!" so I think we done good.



After clean up and naps we headed to Build a Bear to do our tradition of the kiddos getting to pick and make a Bear. This year was a Koala with a birthday shirt, jeans, and cupcake. He wanted to name his Birthday Koala Bear so we shortened it to BK Bear.

We then headed to Cracker Barrel (his pick!) for Birthday dinner with the Olsen/Olsen/Jesperson clan. He found a stuffed fox there once and fell in love with him...I didn't let him buy it and there were some tears shed but I told him he could put it on his list. Tammy gave it to him for his birthday and he was so excited to see that fox! His name? Foxy. (Notice he is pretty literal with their names...he also has a doggie, turtlie, etc.) After a delicious dinner we went home and all crashed after a fab day!



My friend Jill had a Optimus Prime cake pan and so we borrowed it and made a cake for Sunday night. I baked it and since Dawson is really into drawing/coloring/etc. I let him frost it. He did not too shabby as far as putting colors in certain spots according to the picture. We had cake that night with my sisters and a few of Lisa's friends. Dawson loves her friends because they pretty much play with him nonstop whenever they are around. So we had one last celebration and called it an awesome birthday weekend. Thanks to everyone who celebrated and spoiled Dawson....he is one loved boy and we are thankful for you!


2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

What a fun party! I can't believe how old he looks, happy birthday Dawson!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Sounds like a super fun birthday weekend! I can't believe he is 5 - I remember being your VT when he was born! We're so glad he's our kids' little buddy (and someday son in law!)