Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chicago Vacation: A Short Novel

I have been putting off blogging about this trip because I knew it was pretty much gonna be a short novel! We went to Chicago in July and had the best time ever there and did so so much, it was so fun. We couldn't of asked for a better trip and were spoiled rotten that's for sure! Here is what we did:
1. Splash Park- Veteran's Acres Park had a new splash pad so we decided to test it out. Emerson wasn't a fan but Dawson loved it and even tricked Becca into playing with him aka getting wet.


2. Six Flags Great America- I hadn't been in forever so I knew this was a must! It was a ton of fun, the kids loved the rides especially Dawson. Me and Chris even got to ride us some roller coasters while my mom who doesn't ride them tended to the kiddos! It happened that we went on one of the hottest days we were there and it hit over a 100 plus humidity. Yuck. I have never felt so wet in my life...even the poor kiddos were red faced and sweaty! The girls would pour water on Em's legs and she laid there in relief as they did it was pretty funny.



3. Beach and Housewarming Shower- They had a new man made beach in Crystal Lake so we decided to try it out. The kiddos loved playing in the sand and the water was warm so it got an A+ from us. Later that night we threw my sister Missy a surprise shower for moving out on her own.


4. Bowling- I got to catch up with some dear friends of mine (Mikie B and his wife Gina with there little girl Makayla, Laurel, and Katie) at Pinstripes Bowling Alley. Katie's fiance works there and got us in for free and also got us free food and we just tipped well....major thank you to them it was a BLAST and such a nice place! Dawson loved goofing around with my friends and even made Laurel dance with him!


5. Rockford Children's Museum and Food- the family headed up one day to the Children's Musuem and we goofed around, took a family "portrait" in a giant pin board, and then headed out to dinner at New Sunny....my favorite Chinese place ever! We also ate at Tommy's and Georgio's while we were there...yum!


We did a bunch of other things while we were there too...visited my grandma a bunch, cooked ribs, saw my uncle, celebrated Emerson's birthday, went to Julie Ann's, walked around Downtown, and just hung out!

For the last four days of our trip we all headed up to Wisconsin Dells, where my parent's got us a BEAUTIFUL hotel condo there. It was a-mazing! The resort had 3 indoor and 3 outdoor water parks so pretty much majority of the time was spent there. We did venture out some though and ate at a family favorite, Paul Bunyon, saw Tommy Bartlett, ate at Monk's, shopped, and ate at Rocky Rococo. It was pretty much an awesome 4 days and I wish it was double the length we had there! When we left Dawson even cried saying he didn't want to be so far away from Grandma and Grandpa because he had such a fun time with them and was spoiled rotten! Thanks family for an awesome trip! PS Nebraska is a place I couldn't live. They do Cruise Nights and have scary bugs that swarm your car....enough said.






1 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

What a fun vacation - you guys packed a lot in! I want to go to that Dells place. Let's go, shall we? :)