Sunday, January 23, 2011

October Thrills and Chills

I absolutely love all the fun Halloween festivities they have around here in October. The kiddos and I take full advantage of them to get out of the house and do something different!

1. Breakfast with a Witch- This was a first for us, and definitely not a last. Gardner Village serves up a delicious breakfast of french toast, fruit, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, juice, and hot cocoa all the while witches walk around and chat and mingle with you. The kids get a paper for the witches to autograph, and at the end they do some fun songs, dances, and performances.


2. Witches Night Out- Every year I go, every year I love. This year was another great girls night with Tammy, Brandy, Cassidy, and my sister Lisa. Don't we make a fun batch of witches? PS Tammy and Lisa even got brave and danced up on stage!

3. Cornbelly's- We had never been before because it's a bit pricey, but this year they did a season pass on groupons for $12 so I decided to take advantage of it and get us tickets (a normal one day was $8!) We went 3 or 4 times and it was just a fun Halloween activity for the kids. They had so much to do there....big jumping pillows, slides, corn mazes, dress up, a cow train, etc. etc. Lisa and Chris even did the haunted corn maze one night and had a good spook!



4. Monster Bash- For the second year in a row my friends Summer, Stacy, and I threw a neighborhood Halloween party for the little kids around. Everyone brings food to share and we play games, do crafts, and the moms get to chat as the kids run around like crazy! I thought they were a pretty cute bunch!

5. Pumpkin Carving- The Jesperson/Olsen clan invited us to have a FHE/pumkpin carving night. Brandy gave a cute lesson called the chocolate chip ghost and we then carved our pumkpins. Here are the pics of our work and some of our own cute lil' pumpkins in our lives.

6. Halloween Parties/Trick or Treating- Our ward did their annual Chili Cookoff and Trunk or Treat on Saturday the 30th. There was so much yummy food! The weather on the other hand was not so yummy, and so we had the trunk or treat inside. Despite the cold Dawson and Chris did some door to door trick or treating after as well. On Sunday the 31st Tammy threw her annual Halloween Party where costumes are a must. Chris was a patient and I was the nurse. I got brave and made the kiddos costumes this year- Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. I am really thinking I will have to take advantage of the themed costumes while I can!

4 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

How fun! I'm glad to catch up with you again on here, haven't seen you in so long! Your kids are getting so big!

Stacy said...

Lots of cute pics ! Seems like I never see you anymore. Need to hang out sometime !!!

Brandy J. said...

I love Emerson's outfit in the first picture. We had lots of fun this Fall!

Carrie said...

Dear Sarah,

It is January.

Your friend,
Carrie


hee hee