Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lisa's Baptism

My sister Lisa came out here beginning of June because she wasn't doing the greatest and didn't have the best of influences friend-wise in her life. She stayed for 3 weeks, then my fam came out to visit. She was gonna go back home with them, but felt she should stay longer. About a month and a half later the missionaries came over for dinner and she decided to learn more. After that was a series of ups and downs for her, she looks back now and says she knew it was right but fought it because she was scared to change. Eventually after some neat experiences she decided to get baptized. I was totally shocked! She got baptized October 23rd and it was an awesome service. I felt the Spirit so strong and I could see how happy and at peace she was. Afterwards we had a nice luncheon, and she got some neat gifts. Still to this day I am so surprised and happy at how much she is changed, she has such a glow about her. It was such a cool experience. I love you, Lis!




6 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Sarah, that is so awesome that Lisa got baptized. I'm so happy for her, even though I don't know her that well, and so happy for you! The pic of the two of you is so adorable, you both look so happy!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

It has been incredible to see the change in Lisa since she's been here. I'm so glad we've been able to be a small part of it, and have been able to watch her learn and grow. Her baptism day was amazing! We're so glad Lisa is here!

Rob and Tammy said...

It was an amazing day!!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Nothing better than that! What an amazing thing. Congrats to you and her.

Carrie said...

Congratulations Lisa! She didn't even look like she got an ounce of water on her when she came out. :) Great event you put together, girls!

LBP said...

Congratulations Lisa! You two are adorable and I am so glad I know you guys...