Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Quick Trip to The Grandparents

During Dawson's first year of life I made it a point to visit my family a few times since babies change so much in their first year of life. I want to do the same with Emerson, so during one of Chris' 5 day stint of off days me and Miss E headed to Chicago to spend some quality time with the family. It was fabulous to relax and do nothing but spend time with my family and they sure loved the little gal...but then again how can you not?! I sure missed Dawson (and Chris) but it was fun to focus on Emerson and give her lots of attention. Here are some highlights from the trip:

*Celebrating an early birthday with my family and grandma with my mom making my favorite dinner (ham, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, and rolls...yum!) and having pie for dessert!
*Late night Taco Bell run tradition
*Bathing Em in the kitchen sink
*Lisa dressing up in my mom's old 80's clothes and acting like an idiot (no mom, you still can't wear the denim Noah's Ark shirt when you guys come out here!)
*Junk food binge with the sisters
*Shopping for the kids' Easter outfits



1 comments:

Missy said...

Haha, good choice on pictures, Lisa's horrified! She's also concluded that she's an idiot. What took her so long to realize that :P