Sunday, November 22, 2009

Parrrrrtteeeeee!

I had so much fun this year planning Dawson's birthday knowing that this year he fully understood what was going on! What a fun age 3 is, I loving knowing that he gets the concept of birthdays, parties, presents, cake, etc. So anyways, this year his birthday fell on a Thursday, so we decided to have his party on that following Saturda1211y. We of course had to make his actual birthday fun still though! Our friend's the Pace's told us how they decorate their kid's doors so when they wake up the morning of their special day they have a decorated door and I fell in love with the idea so I just had to do it (thanks Carrie!) So the night before we decked out his door and in the morning he woke up and open his door and was so excited to see it and the present in front of it. We let him open it (it was Gator Golf from my parents) and then we had his favorite breakfast of juice and cinnamon rolls. After we hit up the doctors then went to lunch and build a bear, which is a tradition we have done since his 1st birthday. We ate at Cheesecake Factory where he got sung too then hit up Build a Bear (he talked non stop all day about it until we finally got there) and he made a dark brown bear that he dressed up like a fireman. He named it Firetruck. After we came home, all took naps, and had a fun relaxing family evening watching the movie Up. I think Dawson would give the day a 2 thumbs up.



That Saturday we had his birthday party at Jumpin' Jacks. Can I just say how nice it was to NOT have to clean before, prepare food, decorate, etc. and just show up somewhere and have them clean up after us? Fabulous!! It was totally stress free for me and I loved it. I made some cupcakes, bought ice cream and balloons and we were set. We had family, friends, and some of Dawson's friends too. Usually Jumpin' Jacks is really mellow and not busy but for some reason that day everyone and their mother decided to come. It was still fun, and the kids loved it, but it was loud and crazy for sure! The kids played, Dawson opened presents, we had cake and ice cream, then we played some more! Dawson came home with a trunk full of toys that has kept him busy for hours since. I decided not only were the presents for Dawson, but me too because he has been so content lately playing it has been great! Thank you everyone who came and supported D! What a blessing it is to know we have such great family and friends that love us and our little man!




4 comments:

Missy said...

Sounds like you all had a great time (especially D)! The door decorating idea is so cute too!

the nayz said...

Love the decorated door idea-my kids would love to see that all day!!

Jason and Bri said...

That is a lot of fun!!! I am still debating for Bridger's to do it at our house or little gym or what but I guess I have time. any ways Happy Birthday Dawson! I bet he had a great day!

Carrie said...

You had such a darling little party for him. Sorry we had to miss that AGAIN! His door is just plain cool. I love traditions. Happy birthday Dawson, can you believe he's 3?