Monday, November 16, 2009

Emerson at 4 Months!




So, yet again I have some catch up to do. We will start with Emerson's 4 month update since that happened first then move on to Dawson's 3rd birthday (next post!) Anyways, I scheduled a doctor's appointment at the same time for D & E since her 4 month appointment and his 3 year one were less then a week away. It was on the 12th, Dawson's birthday, but it was in the morning and I knew he wasn't gonna have any shots so it would still be a fun day for him. Anyways, so that's why I am later on her 4 month update...but here goes!

I am lovin' 4 months! Emerson is becoming so much fun with all the interaction we have with her now. She smiles non-stop, coos, makes the funnest noises, and laughs. She has a lot more head control now and can roll from tummy to back. She weighed in at 10 pounds 3 ounces, still 2nd percentile, still mini, BUT Dawson was 10 pounds even at this age so she is actually a bit bigger then he was at this age! She is 24 inches long, putting her in the 57th percentile, making her long and skinny, and giving me an explanation why she still can't fit her jeans around her waist! Here are some tidbits about Em right now:

*She sleeps great at night. Naps are a different story. If she is in her swing or we are holding her she cuddles in and sleeps for a good 1 1/2 to 2 hours. If we lay her in her crib, she sleeps 45 minutes then wakes up screaming. We are working on it.
*We have hit the "distracted eater" phase. She eats good for the first 5-7 minutes then wants to eat, stop, talk, eat, stop, look around, talk, eat, stop, etc. When we burp and switch sides I'm lucky if I can get her to eat for 5 minutes with out her wanting to look all over the place!
*She can roll from her tummy to her back.
*She laughs at funny noises, singing, and making silly voices and faces.
*She really has taken a big notice to Dawson and loves watching him. If she is crying and I need a couple more minutes before I can get her, I can tell Dawson to go talk to her and she will stop crying as soon as he does....ahhh the perks of an older sibling!
*She is liking baths more and kicks and splashes.
*She loves grabbing toys and they go straight into her mouth. She will now be entertained by "playing" with her toys.
*She's a drooler.
*She still gets dolled up everyday with a headband and bracelet.
*She likes sitting up and has started sitting in her bumbo more now.
*She does the cutest nose scrunching smile, and does it mostly for her Daddy.
*I dunno if it is a coincidence, but at times if Dawson is playing and he is being loud and rough, Emerson will make this whiny, bossy, loud noise that almost sounds like she is telling him to knock it off. I think she is gonna be the boss of him.

We are loving our little girl and think she is the cutest thing around!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

She's too cute for her own good which leads me to point b: she's going to be a sass a frass!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

She really is just too cute!

Missy said...

So stinking cute! D is such a good brother, that's so sweet how he can stop her crying.

The Incredible Bulks said...

I love that she is getting a handle on being the boss of Dawson, that is funny. She is a tiny peanut!! So cute!!

Rebecca said...

Can't believe she is already that old! She is so beautiful! I think I will need to steal her away again at church to get my girl and baby fill all at once!