Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dawson at 3!

Yes, my little Dawson is 3 and I cannot believe it! I am enjoying 3 and all the imagination, independence, energy, and talking that goes with it. It still amazes me some of the stuff he says now, and how he is speaking in full sentences holding conversations with people. At his doctor's appointment, Dawson weighed in at 27 pounds and was 35 inches tall. He hit the 10th percentile for weight, jumping from the 2nd percentile he was in, well, for all of his previous life! The doctor said he is healthy and on track, and was impressed with him being able to identify some numbers and letters (that made me feel better because I feel like I need to work on it more with him!) Everyone has told me 3 is the magical number for potty training, and as of this week I am wondering if it really is true. The last 4 days in a row he has FINALLY started telling us he needs to go poop and has pooped in the potty! Hopefully he will keep up with it and we have turned the corner. He does well with peeing in the potty, but we still need to remind him every hour but now he goes and does it himself. He actually now has to be a "big boy" and stand on his stool to pee. Cross your fingers for us that we have figured it out! As of this week I have started to have "preschool time" with him for an hour twice a week to work on letters, numbers, shapes, songs, etc. I was worried about him sitting for an hour but he seemed to really enjoy it, and it kept him quiet during Emerson's morning nap...bonus! Here is some stuff about Dawson at 3:

*Some of his favorite foods are all fruits, corn, peas, peanut butter, cheese, cookies, yogurt smoothie drinks, chocolate milk, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, lasagna, and bread. He hates sauce and anything that looks saucey he says ewww mom, it's sauce!
*He loves animals, especially cows, horses, dogs, lions, elephants, and giraffes.
* He can identify the letters A,B,C,H,O,R,S,T and numbers 2,5,8, and 9.
*He can get frustrated easily lately. If he is trying to put on his pants or do something and it's not working out he gets angry quickly.
*He is now amused by good guys vs. bad guys and he is a typical boy who likes rough housing, pretending to shoot things, playing chase, and being loud.
*He is really sweet with Emerson and is soft with her most of the time, and he calls her "pretty girl."
*He hates naps and always tells me he doesn't want to take one but always falls asleep.
*He is a mama's boy through and through. He will push limits with Chris and not do things as easily for Chris but the minute I tell him to do something he will do it and not push it.
*He still loves playing cars and dinosaurs.

We love you Dawson!


5 comments:

Missy said...

Oh my gosh, that was the cutest video ever! I can't stop watching it!

ashley said...

What a cute big brother! And I would definitely recommend LeapFrog Letter Factory to help learn letters. A 30 minute video, and he'll be able to recognize all of them in no time (plus make the letter sounds). Way to go teaching preschool stuff... I need to start doing more of that.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I still think you guys have the cutest kids ever!!!

Laurel Joy said...

Pretty girl?! That's adorable!

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks