Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

First off, I would like to start by saying Happy 100th Post to my blog!! Whoo hoo! I can't believe I have reached that in just a little over a year and I hope to soon get in put into a cool little book so it can be a family journal.

Moving on, tis the season for warm, yummy, comforting foods like soups, casseroles, and crockpot dinners so for the next while I will devote Tasty Tuesday to those recipes with maybe a sweet treat thrown in here and there. I will also make mention of what veggie purees would be good to mix in with the various recipes to give it that healthy boost. Missed the veggie purees? Scroll back through my Tasty Tuesdays to get them! Here is one of my favorites....Enchilada Casserole. I cannot even remember where I got it from, probably allrecipes.com. I have made it enough now though that I can just thrown it together and it's delicious! I like to mix in the orange veggie puree since it blends well with the red enchilada sauce.

Enchilada Casserole

1 lb ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 can red enchilada sauce (your preference on the heat!)
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 tortillas

Brown ground beef and drain off fat (I even rinse my ground beef to get off more of the fat.) Mix in 1 can refried beans and 1/2 can enchilada sauce. Cook until warmed through. Spray a 9x9 baking dish. Pour a little bit of enchilada sauce on bottom of pan, spread. Place a tortilla down and pour and spread a little more sauce. Top with 1/2 the meat mixture, then layer of cheese. Put down another tortilla, sauce, other half meat, cheese. Top with one more tortilla, the rest of the sauce, and a good layer of cheese on very top. Cover with foil, bake 20-25 mins until bubbly. Remove foil and bake 5 more mins to slightly brown cheese.

2 comments:

The Tucketts said...

Happy 100th post! That casserole sounds delish! I'll have to try it.

ps-I have a funny story to tell you about the "vandalism". I don't want to write it, so remind me next time I see you!

ashley said...

I made a book on blurb.com - real easy, and seems to be one of the cheapest options I could find. (Plus, you can go to retailmenot.com to find discount codes for $10 off your purchase, or free shipping.) Happy 100th!