Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Time in Illinois

Last year in October Dawson and I made a trip back home to Illinois to visit my family. We went and stayed at their camper during the Halloween weekend they have there and also visited Goebbert's Pumpkin Farm. We had such a good time, my Mom and I decided that we needed to do it again; so 2 Tuesdays ago Dawson and I went back to visit and we had a splendid time! We were able to go for a fun-filled week of lots of activities. It was my sister Becca's High School Homecoming; and they had a parade and football game we went to. My sister was on the french float in the parade, and everyone threw Dawson tons of candy and he kept waving to all the high school girls and saying hi and they would "aww" over him and throw him more candy. Talk about working it! The football game was fun, but cold until I felt something warm on my leg, Dawson had peed thru his diaper....fun! So we only stayed the first half. The camping weekend was fun, it's a Yogi Bear campground so we definitly weren't roughing it. They had a costume contest (Dawson is a bat this year), trick or treating, a haunted barn, and many other fun activities. Sunday we left and went to Goebbert's, a family tradition since I was a little girl. They have yummy cider donuts, a petting zoo, corn maze, a farmer's market, and a tractor ride to go out and pick a pumpkin. Dawson would not stop running around to look and touch everything it was hard to get him to hold still for pictures, but I got a couple of cute ones. We had a fun time with my family, Dawson stayed up way to late while we were there, ate too much candy, and played and played with Grandma, Grandpa, and his 4 little Aunties....aka he was spoiled. He also came home saying "ssshuuuurrrre" sarcastically like my sister Becca does. Lovely. PS I would like to thank Dawson himself for sleeping almost the whole way there on the plane and the whole way back!!!

10 comments:

Cass and Jared said...

What a fun trip! I bet you love going home to see your family. Dawson is so cute, I would spoil him too if I was his Auntie.

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Very fun. I want to go back and visit sometime. I miss Illinois.

Carrie said...

Is that where you've been? I've been stalking you like crazy lately trying to figure it out. j/k. But that was funny, the pee on your leg, I can't forget how that kid can really fill up a diaper! :)

Adam and Sarah said...

Fun trip for you two! Yay! I love the bat costume -- very cute!

Brandy J. said...

It looks like you two had a great trip. I'm completely loving the weather right now and can't wait for all the Halloween festivities to begin! I'm excited to see the batty Dawson in person too! Okay, back to work for me...and thanks for the cookies yesterday. They were DELISH! ~Brandy

LBP said...

Dawson is going to be a heartbreaker. It looks like you had fun with your family. I am still waiting for our trip to Sandusky OH to ride the rollercoasters.

The Tucketts said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you had lots of fun. Way to go, Dawson, for figuring out how to work it to get what you want! He is a very cute bat!

KaLee said...

Yogi Bear campground!! Fun! Brings back great memories. I'm glad you got to go. I'm sad I missed you at the airport, but it's fun to think we were only several miles away from each other.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I am glad Dawson had such a good time visiting his Grand Parents.From the picture's I could tell he was having a great time.

The Incredible Bulks said...

He looks so cute in his bat costume.