Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Christmas in February

Pathetic right? I am officially finally blogging about Christmas. I have not been in the mood to blog....so I haven't! Alas, I figure I really should quickly blog about Christmas so I can remember it later. Here is the Cliffs Notes version.

-Christmas Eve we wrote a letter to Santa, left him his cookies and cocoa, hung up the special Santa ornament, tracked Santa on Santa Tracker, then were off to bed so he could make his arrival.
- Christmas morning Dawson woke everyone up at 7:30am and we made our descent down the stairs to find that Santa had spoiled us good!
-Dawson got a power wheels 4-wheeler, his yellow race car he asked Santa for, a fire truck, a train set, playdoh, and much much more.
-Emerson got some bongo drums, a pretty pretty purse toy, a shape sorter, clothes, and again, much more.
-Chris got a bunch of gift cards, Gestures, movies, and more gift cards.
-I got new clothes, Catch Phrase, jewelry, ugg style boots, a chi, etc.
-Missy and I made a big brunch breakfast and we lounged around and played with all our new toys.
-My parents made a fabulous turkey dinner with all the trimmings and my Grandma came over.
-Later we went outside and played in the snow. We got the idea to hook a rope on the back of the van and had Christopher pull us up and down the road. It was a blast, and it gave my dad a heart attack. You know the dad from Father of the Bride who worries about EVERYTHING?? Yep, that's my dad (what if you guys smash into the exhaust!!?? was his biggest worry.)
It was a fabulous holiday and I loved every minute I got to spend with my family! Here are a bunch of pics from it...sorry for overload :)











2 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I love Dawson's 4-Wheeler! Josh really wants to get Reece one now. Looks like a fun holiday!

Missy said...

Cute pictures again. Too bad you guys weren't here to car-sled these past few days!