Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tasty Tuesday (one day late!)

So I have totally stunk at doing Tasty Tuesday (and sometimes even blogging in general) since the babe was born, but I have decided to re-commit myself to it. I love sharing recipes, getting new recipes, and cooking; and recently have tried a few new recipes that I am just loving! So wish me luck, sometimes I think my children have abducted my brain but hopefully I will start remembering to do it, even if it is one day late! Here is a new recipe I tried on Monday and I thought it was fabulous! I meet with a group of gals once a month for a card group and we exchange cards, chat, eat, and do a craft of sorts. I couple months back we did a recipe exchange and this little gem was courtesy of Beth. I know summer is dwindling, but I think these would work in the broiler too (or if you have a crazy husband like mine who loves grilling in any season then go for it!)

Asian Kabob Smorgasbord
1 c olive oil
1/2 c soy sauce
1 T brown sugar
1 T toasted sesame seeds
1 T minced, fresh ginger
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T fresh lime juice
1 t sesame oil
1/2 t dried crushed red pepper
1/2 t black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
Choice of beef, chicken, or veggie kabobs

Whisk together first 11 ingredients. Use as marinade.

For beef: cut 2 lbs sirloin steak into 2 in cubes. Cut 2 lg. green bell peppers into 2 in pieces. Rinse and dry 1 pkg. whole button mushrooms. Pour 1 1/2 c marinade into ziplock, add meat and veggies. Marinade 8 hours.

For chicken: cut 2 lbs chicken into 2 in. cubes. Cut 2 lg. green bell peppers into 2 in pieces. Cut 1 pineapple into 2 in. cubes. Pour 1 1/2 c marinade into ziplock, add chicken and veggies. Marinade 8 hours.

Remove ingredients from marinade. Alternate chicken or steak with veggies on a skewer. Grill beef over high heat 8-10 mins turning and basting with marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat for 8-10 mins turning and basting. Yield: 4-6 servings each.

Next week I'll post the recipe for the peanut noodle salad that goes with it...yum!

2 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

mmmm this sounds great! I'm totally trying this

Adam and Sarah said...

Yay! Tasty Tuesday is BACK! I can't tell you how happy that makes me! :) Thanks for the recipe, Sarah!