Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Emerson at 2 Months!


Emerson had her two month check-up yesterday and everything checked out great! She is 8 pounds 4 ounces (2nd percentile), 22 inches long (31st percentile), and her head circumference is 37 cm (6th percentile.) She is following after her big brother and is little but the doctor said she is following the growth curve, gaining weight, and doing great! Here are a few other little tidbits about our cutie Emerson:

-She is smiling and cooing all the time.
-She sleeps 8 hours straight at night now (10pm-6pm then she sleeps again until 8pm...thank you Em!)
-She loves to be laid on the floor to wiggle and kick her legs.
-She LOVES her "magic" blanket as we call it and her binkie and her swing (that's her favorite combo for her daytime snoozes!)
-She no longer screams while in her carseat...thanks to the binkie!
-At nighttime we lay her vertical in her crib and somehow she manages to wiggle her way to being horizontal, it cracks me up!
-She loves being talked to and has a "conversation" with you.
-She started out in premie and now is fitting her newborn clothes really well.
-She is always girled-out with a cute outfit and a hairbow and bracelet to match!
-She is a really calm, happy baby.
-She isn't the biggest fan of baths yet.
-She perfers to be held up instead of laying in your arms.
-She is a cuddle bug...especially with Dad.
-She has reflux and is on meds for it, and I have learned not to eat anything spicy otherwise the next day it acts up and she fusses while she eats (not fun!)

I cannot believe she is two months already! We are having so much fun with her and Dawson is always in her face wanting to love her (poor girl gets mauled with his love!)

9 comments:

Missy said...

Aww, Emmy is so cute, I can't wait to have a "conversation" with her! Glad all is well with her!

Holly said...

Okay I feel so bad. I have been out of blogging and I missed your little girl's arrival! Well, here is a very belated congratulations! She is adorable! Everyday Jack accidentally/boyishly injures me. I can't wait for more gentle sweet girls!

Camilla said...

Holy little cuteness!!!!!!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Emerson is so cute I love her outfit and her blanket.I miss seeing you at church.

Lucas Family said...

I'm so glad she is doing well. She is so precious! We are going through the reflux thing with Caleb and it can be difficult. The doc said it would start dissappearing around 4 months, but no luck yet. I hope Emerson's gets better fast cuz that is no fun!

The Tucketts said...

I can't believe she is 2 months already, either! She is so cute! Every time I've seen her she looks super cute with all of her matching accessories!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love her outfit in the picture! I can't wait to see her again! She is so adorable!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

She is such a cute girlie girl. Her and Reece are going to be great friends. :)

Rob and Tammy said...

Dawson and Emerson both have won my heart (even though I will have to share it with another one come February).