Thursday, August 6, 2009

One Month!


I cannot believe Emerson is a month old...wasn't I just going into the hospital yesterday to have her?? I thought time went quick with Dawson, but it's apparent with two kids keeping you busy it goes even faster!! We have thoroughly enjoyed having this little gal in our family and can't get enough of her. Dawson uses his little baby voice to talk to her and he loves kissing her, touching her, and tickling her (even though she really doesn't respond yet!) Christopher is definitly enamored with her, and I can tell she already has him wrapped around her tiny finger. As for me, I just absolutely love having a gal pal around the house who I can dress in cute girly clothes...I just can't get enough of her. It is definitly crazy having two kids to juggle when Chris is working, but so far we are making it...now I just need to figure out how to fit in going out with the two of them to run errands and such in between nursing, feeding Dawson, naps, diapers, sitting on the potty, etc. As long as I take things day by day and sometimes even hour by hour then I don't feel too overwhelmed and things seem to go smoother.

Anyways, here are some things about Emerson at one month:
-She is having little wakeful periods where she likes to lay on a blanket and wiggle and look around.
-She is starting to make little cooing noises and opens her mouth really wide and seems to be wanting to smile and make expressions.
-She is a good little nurser and sleeper, going about four hours at night.
-She likes tummy time and will lay there forever, where Dawson hated it.
-She likes getting her diaper changed, where Dawson hated it.
-She HATES being in her car seat and will cry most of our traveling where Dawson loved it and would conk right out and sleep.
-She hates baths and being cold...so did Dawson!
-Christopher has dubbed her "stretch and toot" because when she wakes up, sure enough that's what she will do!
-She loves being warm and cozy and loves when we wrap her big soft fuzzy blanket around her (even though it's summertime!)
-She makes the girliest noises when she whines and I just know we will have more of that to come!
-Overall she is so far a pretty content baby.

We just love having this babe in our home and look forward to continuing to watch her grow and see the little person she becomes.

6 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

She is just too cute! I can't believe she's one month old already!

Camilla said...

Cute! I hope I have a girl someday too, I'd love to dress up too! I can't believe it's been a month already!

Rob and Tammy said...

Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Carrie said...

What a dolly. Enjoy it because I look back and barely remember Regan as a small babe.

Jason and Bri said...

she so cute!!!! congrats!!! can't wait to see her at christmas!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

She is a darling baby, I am glad you are doing okay! It is hard to get used to having more than one to take care of, some how we all make it.You are a good Mom!