Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Little Catch Up

As I am a a bit behind on blogging, here is a random sampler of whats been going on around our neck of the woods:

-My family came out a week after Emerson was born to meet her and help out. It was definitely crazy with 6 extra people in our house but we had a lot of fun and they were a big help. Dawson had someone to play with non-stop and was pretty much taken care of. There was always someone wanting to hold Emerson and my house got cleaned and dinners were made. I got to sleep in and rest and take it easy which was so nice!






-Since then things have gotten back to routine with Emerson now thrown into the mix. It was crazy at first figuring out how I was gonna manage with two kids, but I feel pretty ok with things. Emerson so far is a pretty good baby and Dawson has been good at entertaining himself when needed. I have learned to take it day by day and sometimes hour by hour and it makes me not feel overwhelmed. If it's a day where Dawson needs to watch more tv, the house gets dirty, or I shower not until who knows when that's ok. I feel like things are going pretty good...knock on wood, right?




-My husband is awesome. He is such a huge help. He works 3 or 4 12 hour shifts a week so when he gets home at 8pm after being gone since 7pm I am tired and I know he is but he right away steps up and holds Emerson or plays with Dawson and gets him ready for bed. On days he is home he does laundry, helps around the house, plays with Dawson, changes diapers, and holds Emerson. He has boundless energy and I don't know where he gets it from. I am one lucky gal!


-Dawson is such a little comedian and says and does so much now. I can't believe he will be three in a few months! It's amazing how at this age he asks what something is once and then remembers. They just soak everything up. I think the funniest thing is the little sayings he picks up. Lately when I ask him something he will sometimes tell me, no mom, I'm fine. It cracks me up. He also says "oopsies" all the time and I have no clue where he picked it up from. He is also such a little momma's boy which I won't complain about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these pictures are so cute! We need to come and see how little Emmy is growing! Thanks for sending us pictures - we got them yesterday. We especially love the one of Emmy in Chris's hands....oh, she looks so little! Miss you guys!

Laurel Joy said...

I love that picture in front of the garage!

Miss you tons. Can't wait to meet Emerson.

Sarah Jane said...

sounds like you guys are super busy! What cute pics of the kids and I bet it was so nice to have your family around to help you out.