Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tasty Tuesday (one day late!)

I figure having it be one day late instead of not at all is pretty good for me these days! I am just a bit off with the blogging lately I dunno why! This is a fabulous recipe I got from my Paper Crafts Gourmet cookbook that I am so lucky to own. I recommend trying this beef it's great!! I made it and we used it for tacos, but you can use it for the filling on any Mexican dish like burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas...you name it!

Machaca Beef
By Kim Kesti
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 lbs boneless beef roast
1 large onion, sliced
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilis
1 T minced garlic
1 can (28 oz) chopped tomatoes
1 t salt
1/2 t cumin
1 t fresh ground pepper

DIRECTIONS
- Place all ingredients in crockpot, cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Remove beef from crockpot and shred.
- Drain liquid and chop remaning ingredients in pot, and mix beef back in.

You can use the beef for a variety of things: tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chimichangas - so many possibilities!

1 comments:

Brandy J. said...

Delish recipe! :)