Monday, June 1, 2009

The Sillies with Dawson

Here are some things Dawson has said or done lately that has made us laugh! Life with a 2 year old is never boring that's for sure!

1. As I get closer to the end of my pregnancy and as things get more frustrating to do (bend over, pick up Dawson, even sometimes just getting myself up off the couch...) I have relied on my sweet husband to help me out (and he is always so nice and willing!!) Well, when I need him and he is in the other room I have to call "Chris!!" Dawson has notice this is a great way to get things too. He will be sitting on the couch, in bed, or in his room and when he needs something he now says "Chris!!" It just makes us laugh so hard because he is "Dad" any other time. Our favorite is when he is in bed and we hear "Chris!! Glass of water please!" To quote my friend Carrie "I wonder if my husband is getting sick of hearing his own name!"

2. We have talked a lot about baby sister who is coming soon, which has peaked Dawson's interest babies a lot. Anything that is big and small is now a mommy and a baby (animals, tractors, food...you name it!) When we are out somewhere and he sees a baby he now says to me...OHHHHH MOM!! A BABY!!! AWWWW!!

3. The new obsession around here is potato bugs, which is pronounced by Dawson "ato gugs." We have spent lots of evenings already searching and catching these little critters.

4. Thanks to Uncle Jeremy, every time we see a big truck Dawson moves his arms up and down and says "honk, honk!" because he wants the truck to honk at us. When it doesn't work he asks me to make the truck honk. Thanks, Jer.

5. It's amazing how quickly and how young little kids can pick up on being sarcastic and teasing! When Dawson is asked to say sorry for something or excuse me for burping he tries to get around being polite by saying it in one of his goofy voices. He usually tries a couple different ones before I tell him to say it nicely which then he says the "sorry" or "excuse me" in a monotone bored voice, like I am totally ruining all the fun in life.

**The video is a clip of him pretending to be Cookie Monster. On one of his kid's CDs there is a song and at the end Cookie Monster comes and eats everything and says "Hey, you got Jello?!" So when Dawson pretends he is Cookie Monster he does his little pretending eating bit then says "Jello!" at the end.

6 comments:

Camilla said...

Too cute! You're such a great mom!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

It's fun to read all the interesting and cute things kids do and say.

The Incredible Bulks said...

Wonder how long the "Chris" thing is going to last? I think it's funny, til Marley starts calling me by first name...

Carrie said...

Joel llegally changed his name to Habib during my last month of pregnancy! :) That video is so funny, he has so much personality!

JEN & JEREMY said...

Awe! We have the cutest nephew ever!!

Laurel Joy said...

HAHAHAHAHHA-- that video made my day.