Thursday, May 20, 2010

My D & E...

This month has brought two milestones- Dawson turning 3 1/2 and Emerson turning 10 months, so I thought I would do a little joint blog about the two of them now.

Dawson: This kid has an imagination and a half...I can hardly keep up. Once I figure out how to bottle up his energy and sell it I'll be a millionaire. Eating, sleeping, getting dressed, etc. is all stuff that takes away from playtime in his opinion and is just not important. His favorite things to pretend to be are a fireman, cowboy, pirate, puma (random, I know), dinosaur, and a grocery store check out guy. One day he put on his little blue apron, turned his little play table on it's side, and stuck a plastic bag on the leg of it. He proceeded to get out his fake food and run it along the edge of his table, then drop it in his bag. I asked him what the heck he was doing and he told me "working at the store, mom!" Oh, duh me. Everyday is something new with this kid and sometimes as nuts as he drives me, he can always make me laugh.
Loves: Playing, watching movies, Diego, Dora, playing with Max, Mac and Cheese, fruit, strawberry milk, baths, and opening Emerson's door when she wakes up from naps.

Hates: Having to take a nap (but I still make him and he still falls asleep), sauces of any kind, time outs, disappointing mom.


Emerson: Not much has changes with this little Love Bug of ours. She is still our happy go lucky, mellow babe....but definitly has a bit of sass in her. As previously mentioned, she is army crawling everywhere and will get up on her hands and knees and will do a few crawls but then gets down and scoots again. She can go from laying down to sitting up on her own and pulls herself up onto her knees, but not feet yet (about time to drop the crib mattress!!) She has figured out she can scoot over to Dawson and take toys away from him now, which makes me laugh since it has always been the other way around. I don't think Dawson finds it too amusing though.
Loves: Watching and playing with Dawson, playing with toys, the cat and dog, baths eating anything, and having lots of attention.

Hates: Getting her face wiped, being left alone.

2 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Love those kiddos of yours!

Sarah Jane said...

How cute, they are getting so big!