Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This and That

We have had so much going on lately that I have been so bad at blogging, so here is a catch up of what we have been up to before Christmas comes and I have a whole other set of posts to do! (PS one of my New Years resolutions is to be better at blogging again and start Tasty Tuesday!!)

*I love putting up our tree and Christmas decor together as a family. I think this stems from years of my mom having us decorate together the day after Thanksgiving while rockin' out to some Christmas tunes.

*We are going on week three of big boy undies with no accidents, so I feel like I can say we are pretty much potty trained. He tells us when he has to do his business, but we still remind him some to go pee, which my doctor said is normal for awhile. He does big boy undies when he naps and pull ups at night, but he always wakes up dry so maybe after some time we will drop the night time pull ups! I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

*Emerson is just oodles of fun now. She rolls tummy to back and back to tummy now. She is learning how to blow raspberries. She loves her feet, Dawson, the animals, playing with toys, and cuddling. She is napping in her crib and doing tons better. You look at her and she smiles....and her laugh melts my heart. I love this girl to pieces! PS I don't know how she got her foot out but she is constantly moving those legs so I am guessing one popped out!

*Christopher and Dawson have loved going to the BYU games together with Chris' dad and sister. Dawson got so excited this year to go. Christopher taught him to say the Utes are bad guys when you ask him what he thinks of the Utes. He tells you the Cougars won and the Utes lost. Can you tell these two boys bleed blue?

*I have an addiction. I am a craft-aholic. I dunno why but lately I cannot get enough of crafting. Here are a few of my favs lately- wipe cases, material flowers, and a feather wreath for Em's room.





*Christopher and I volunteered for a few years at Festival of Trees, and while we haven't lately because of kids, we participate by going to it each year. The kids corner and Santa were so fun this year for Dawson. He loves his "elf wand" and going in the bubble booth. He was hesitant about Santa but swallowed his nerves and sat on his lap (on two different occasions) and told Santa both times he wanted a yellow race car. The trees at festival were beautiful and the scones delish like always!



*On December 3rd Christopher and I celebrated our 7th anniversary! I am so grateful to be sealed to him forever! What a wonderful husband he is- love you hon! We decided to keep it simple this year and just go out to dinner. We had Mrs. Call babysit for us and had a quiet dinner just the two of us...it was fantastic to just eat and talk just us!

*Last but not least, we have had tons of snow here in Utah and unfortunately when it started Dawson had a cold that lasted about a week. Everyday he asked to go out and play and every day I had to say no. BUT FINALLY yesterday Christopher was home and Dawson was better so the two of them bundled up and headed outside for some snowballs, snowman, and Christopher being Dawson's personal sled puller. I was laughing so hard as I watch that kid flying around the back yard at high speeds giggling with glee!

5 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

You've definitely been busy! I love our wipe cases and flowers - and I can't wait to make Reece's and baby girl's wreath!

(I'm sad you are leaving me for two weeks!)

Anonymous said...

I love your crafts! I've been crafting a lot lately too....must be something in the air!

Sarah Jane said...

sarah I love your crafts that you've been doing! The next time you guys do something fun and it's a monday, give me a call, i'm off on mondays and would love to come do some crafts! Have a great christmas!

Anonymous said...

Lucky Mrs. Call!

vaxcel lighting said...

Cute pictures!