Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Dawson is a SUPER picky eater, and I try really hard to get him to eat a well balanced diet, but those of you with toddlers know that doesn't happen so easily. One day he loves dry cereal, the next he turns his nose up at it. The next week all he will eat is cheese and hot dogs, then he acts like it's disgusting. I can't keep up with this kid! I went online to try to get some new ideas to "revamp" mealtimes, and offer him some different things. One idea I came upon was try making a toddler trail mix with their favorites and a few nutritional things. It worked! You can tweek this to your toddler, but this is Dawson's favorite mix. It does have some sweets, but also fiber from the cheerios and protein from the sunflower seeds.

Dawson's Favorite Toddler Trail Mix
By: Sarah Selin

1 cup goldfish
1 cup cheerios
1 cup marshmallows
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup m&m's
1/2 cup sunflower seeds

You can always mix it up by adding sliced almonds, pretzels, dried fruits, etc.

1 comments:

The Tucketts said...

That trail mix sounds delicious to me, and i'm not even a toddler! I love treats, though:)