Friday, July 11, 2008

Our Trip

Over the Fourth of July, we took a trip back to my hometown of Crystal Lake, Illinois to visit my family and friends. It was a busy but fun-filled 8 days filled with humidity and mosquitoes (it's amazing how quickly you get climatized!!!) We had so much fun though and here is a quick recap of our trip!!
Day 1: We arrived and hung out at my family's house and relaxed as everyone gushed over Dawson...he LOVED all the attention!
Day 2: We went to Randall Oaks Park and met up with my friend Andrea, her husband Mike, and daughter Kylie who is a week younger than Dawson. They played, we bbq'ed, and went to the petting zoo their.
Day 3: Me and my sister's went shopping and we all ate Tommy's (yum, Chicago dogs!!!!)
Day 4: The Fourth of July!!! The fam went to Veteran's Acres to play and feed to geese (which we found out later your not suppose to do...oops!), we went to my Grandma's and had yummy ribs for lunch, then bbq's at my parents house later. We also lit off our own fireworks.
Day 5: For some reason, all the Fourth of July festivities in Crystal Lake are on the 5th. Dawson was in the kid's bike parade, we watched the real one, went to the Gala, and then watched fireworks.
Day 6: We went to Great America and rode lots of Roller Coasters as Grandma took Dawson to the kiddie areas...thanks again Mom!! He LOVED the rides and would shout "Again!!" When it was over. There were a couple of times he started crying when we took him off the ride too.
Day 7: Met my friend Ashley and her son Andrew at the park, had lunch with my grandma, and met up with my friends for dinner.
Day 8: Left on a VERY early flight!!

When I think back of our trip and the memories I have, what comes to mind is Dawson and Kylie playing together and posing for pictures, Dawson getting lots of attention from his Aunt's and realizing he could get out of early bedtime with their help, the geese chasing us for food, eating way to much at the Gala, remembering how much I love roller coasters, watching the lawn chair men in the parade, trying not to get eaten alive during fireworks, and jumping on the trampoline with my sisters and a ton of water balloons (you have to try it, so much fun!)

1 comments:

Lucas Family said...

You got a cute picture of Kylie and Dawson. It was so much fun seeing you guys. I wish we could have stayed there longer.